Time: 10.00am-4.30pm price: £190
Willow Bark Shoulder bag
You will learn how to create a stunning shoulder or market bag using beautiful willow bark & incorporating a variety of modern & traditional weaving techniques.
We will be attaching a leather handle (or handles) & learning some basic leatherworking techniques.
You will learn practical tips & techniques on
- selection of different types & lengths of willow
- preparation of willow
- designing for strength & stability
- creating traditional & modern weaves
- controlling shapes & pattern
- use of basic basketry tools & techniques
- PPE (personal protective equipment) selection & use
- health & safety related to willow work
This two day course is the perfect development course for those who have already completed a number of baskets & wish to extend their range of weaves & bases. This course is not suitable for beginners or those who have only produced baskets on courses before.
You must have good mobility in hands & feet & be able to stand whilst working.
Please bring with you an old towel.
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Receipt of payment secures your place and is none refundable. Please see T&C page for full T&C’s. When booking you are agreeing to these terms.