***FULL*** Time: 10.30-4pm price: £190
Stained Glass Beginners Course
This is a relaxed, fun 2 day course designed to teach you all the basic skills and techniques to make your very own stained glass piece of art.
In this course you will be learning the “Copper Foil Technique”, widely attributed to the workshops of LC Tiffany. This was developed around 1880 to accommodate tiny pieces of glass and the curves of Art Nouveau shades like those designed by Tiffany.
Over the 2 days we will cover;
- Stained Glass Design principles and designing your own template
- Choosing glass and colours
- Scoring and breaking glass in straight lines and curves
- Cutting glass to templates, sanding and grinding glass
- Copper foiling – wrapping, crimping and burnishing
- Soldering – Tacking, Tinning and Beading
- Finishing and Polishing
At the end of the course you will take home your very own piece of stained glass art for you and others to admire
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Deposits are half the course fee and are non-refundable. Receipt of deposit secures your place. Because of the long process time to buy and prepare materials for your course, a course can be moved to another course date up to 4 weeks before the course start date and not after this time. When booking you are agreeing to these terms.