Time: 10:00 – 4:30. Price: £95
Learn how to create a range of eco-friendly traditional cold process soaps (for body & for hair) based on/made from: Wild Harvested Seeds, Weeds, Clays & Herbs
Expect to make 4 soaps each, but share the soaps with each other in individual mould so expect to take home around 20 75g soaps!
Once you have mastered the basics you will understand how to tailor/tweak recipes to suit your individual needs.
All items can be replicated at home & full course notes/recipes provided.
You will learn practical tips & techniques on:
- cold process soaping methods
- how to select,, wild forage, harvest, dry/prepare & store materials
- seasonal availability & working with the seasons
- how to infuse oils
- use of essential oils, fragrance oils & flavour oils
- how to adapt & change recipes to suit individual needs (e.g.: vegans, nut intolerances, types of hair/skin etc.)
- where to buy ingredients & responsible sourcing of them
- packaging options & shelf life
- tools & equipment needed
- health & safety related to cold process soap making
No prior experience needed but you must have good mobility in hands & feet & be able to stand whilst working.
Please wear old (not dangly) clothes, covered toe shoes (no sandals) & little or no jewellry. Please be aware that this course will use Citrol & should not be attended by those with a Citrol allergy.
Level- beginner/ intermediate
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Deposits are half the course fee and are non-refundable. Receipt of deposit secures your place. Because of the long process time to buy and prepare materials for your course, a course can be moved to another course date up to 4 weeks before the course start date and not after this time. When booking you are agreeing to these terms.