Time: 10.30-4pm price: £190 – Stained Glass Course
This is a relaxed, fun 2 day course designed to teach you all the basic skills and techniques to make your very own stained glass piece of art of your own design.
In this course you will be learning the “Copper Foil Technique”, widely attributed to the workshops of LC Tiffany. This was developed around 1880 to accommodate tiny pieces of glass and the curves of Art Nouveau shades like those designed by Tiffany.
Over the 2 days we will cover;
• Stained Glass Design principles and designing your own template (delegates will get the opportunity to draw their own or choose from a wide variety of design templates) • Choosing glass and colours
• Scoring and breaking glass in straight lines and curves
• Cutting glass to templates, sanding and grinding glass
• Copper foiling – wrapping, crimping and burnishing
• Soldering – Tacking, Tinning and Beading
• Patina, Polishing and Framing
At the end of the course you will take home your uniquely designed piece of stained glass art for you and others to admire!
This course is suitable for beginners or for delegates from the 1 day taster course wishing to gain more experience/ improve their skills. All tools and materials included.
Please Note; This workshop necessitates the use of sharp objects, hot tools, grinding machinery and hazardous substances. We will always endeavour to minimise risks of injury by providing safe equipment and following good practice procedures, but due to risks involved we do not recommend you attend if you are pregnant or have significant blood clotting or respiratory disorders. Please wear old clothes and sturdy closed toed shoes.
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Deposits are half the course fee and are non-refundable. Receipt of deposit secures your place. Because of the long process time to buy and prepare materials for your course, a course can be moved to another course date up to 4 weeks before the course start date and not after this time. When booking you are agreeing to these terms.