Time: 10.30am-4.00pm Price: £85
1 Day Stained Glass Taster Workshop Christmas Themed
This is a fast paced but fun 1 day course designed to give you a taster of all the basic skills and techniques you need to make your very own stained glass piece.
In this course you will be learning the “Copper Foil Technique”, widely attributed to the workshops of LC Tiffany. This was developed around 1880 to accommodate tiny pieces of glass and the curves of Art Nouveau shades like those designed by Tiffany.
Over the day we will cover;
• Stained Glass Design principles and choosing a template (delegates will get to choose from a wide variety of design templates)
• Choosing glass and colours
• Scoring and breaking glass in straight lines and curves
• Cutting glass to templates, sanding and grinding glass
• Copper foiling – wrapping, crimping and burnishing
• Soldering – Tacking, Tinning and Beading
• Cleaning and Framing
At the end of the course you will take home your very own stained glass piece for you and others to admire!
This course is suitable for beginners. All tools and materials included.
Please Note; This workshop necessitates the use of sharp objects, hot tools, grinding machinery and hazardous substances. We will always endeavour to minimise risks of injury by providing safe equipment and following good practice procedures, but due to risks involved we do not recommend you attend if you are pregnant or have significant blood clotting or respiratory disorders. Please wear old clothes and sturdy closed toed shoes.
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Deposits are half the course fee and are non-refundable. Receipt of deposit secures your place. See T & C page for full terms and conditions.