Time: 10.00-4.30pm price: £190 – Stained Glass Course
We are very happy to welcome stained glass artist Karl Percival here to teach at Creative with Nature. Karl has been a professional stained glass artist for over 30 years and his unique skill set has led to him to work on a number of nationally important pieces over the years. He has his own studio in Hebden Bridge.
This is a relaxed, 2 day course designed to teach you all the basic skills and techniques to make your own stained glass piece of art of your own design.
In this course you will be learning the “Copper Foil Technique”, widely attributed to the workshops of LC Tiffany. This was developed around 1880 to accommodate tiny pieces of glass and the curves of Art Nouveau shades like those designed by Tiffany.
Over the 2 days we will cover;
• Stained Glass Design principles and designing your own template (delegates will get the opportunity to draw their own or choose from a wide variety of design templates) • Choosing glass and colours
• Scoring and breaking glass in straight lines and curves
• Cutting glass to templates, sanding and grinding glass
• Copper foiling – wrapping, crimping and burnishing
• Soldering – Tacking, Tinning and Beading
• Patina, Polishing and Framing
At the end of the course you will take home your uniquely designed piece of stained glass art.
This course is suitable for beginners and intermediates wishing to gain more experience/ improve their skills. All tools and materials included.
Please Note; This workshop necessitates the use of sharp objects, hot tools, grinding machinery and hazardous substances. We will always endeavour to minimise risks of injury by providing safe equipment and following good practice procedures, but due to risks involved we do not recommend you attend if you are pregnant or have significant blood clotting or respiratory disorders. Please wear old clothes and sturdy closed toed shoes.
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Please see our Course Booking Terms before purchasing.