Nov 4th Winter Harvest Inspired Soaps 9.30-4.30
Learn how to create a range of eco-friendly traditional cold process soaps (for body & for hair) based on/made from: Autumn Fruits, Woodland Tars, Saps & Barks, Harvest Food, Christmas Themed
You will be working in pairs (but splitting the product in 2) with step by step instructions, recipe booklet & supported after class web links etc. Expect to take home around 20 x 50g soaps!
You will learn practical tips & techniques on:
- cold process soaping methods
- how to select,, wild forage, harvest, dry/prepare & store materials
- seasonal availability & working with the seasons
- how to infuse oils
- use of essential oils, fragrance oils & flavour oils
- how to adapt & change recipes to suit individual needs (e.g.: vegans, nut intolerances, types of hair/skin etc.)
- where to buy ingredients & responsible sourcing of them
- packaging options & shelf life
- tools & equipment needed
- health & safety related to cold process soap making
No prior experience needed but you must have good mobility in hands & feet & be able to stand whilst working.
Please wear old (non dangly) clothes, covered toe shoes (no sandals) & little or no jewellry. Please be aware that this course will use Citrol & should not be attended by those with a Citrol allergy.
Level- beginner/ intermediate
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Receipt of payment secures your place and is none refundable. Please see T&C page for full T&C’s. When booking you are agreeing to these terms.