Time: 9:30 – 4:30. Price: £95
You’ll learn so much on this one day course. You will explore the use of a variety of botanical & ethically sourced ingredients to create practical cosmetics items with purpose, tailored to you as an individual. You will take home a number of different seasonally based which may include:
- Soaps & cold process/shampoo bars, hand & lip balms, body butters, deodorants, hand & foot creams,
You will learn practical tips & techniques on:
· how to select, harvest, dry/prepare & store materials/seasonal availability & working with the seasons
· how to infuse oils
· use of essential oils, fragrance oils & flavour oils
· how to adapt & change recipes to suit individual needs (e.g.: vegans, nut intolerances, etc.)
· where to buy ingredients, shelf life & responsible sourcing of them
· health & safety related to making beauty products
· PPE (personal protective equipment) selection & use
No prior experience needed but you must have good mobility in hands & feet & be able to stand whilst working.
Please wear old (non dangly) clothes, covered toe shoes (no sandals) & little or no jewellry. Please be aware that this course will use Citrol & should not be attended by those with a Citrol allergy.
You will also learn about the preparation, storage & safety of materials. Safe production methods, use by dates, storage, sourcing of materials (ethically & cheaply) & basic use of essential oils v fragrance oils.
You will be working in pairs (but splitting the product in 2) with step by step instructions, recipe booklet & supported after class web links etc.
Course Booking Terms and Conditions:
Receipt of payment secures your place and is none refundable. Please see T&C page for full T&C’s. When booking you are agreeing to these terms.